If You are a Texan who’s 60 or older, You are eligible for a wide range of services through the Texas Department on Aging. Call Us and find out what’s available in the Middle Rio Grande Area.
The Area Agency on Aging is the regional agency solely dedicated to improving the lives of its elderly population. The AAA’s goal is to help the those in its region remain healthy, independant, and involved in their communities.
The AAA’s services are targeted throughout the nine counties of the Middle Rio Grande Region that includes the following counties and towns:
- Dimmit – Carrizo Springs, Asherton, Brundage, Big Wells Catarina
- Edwards – Rocksprings, Barksdale
- Kinney – Brackettville, Ft. Clark Springs, Spofford
- La Salle – Cotulla, Fowlerton, Artesia Wells, Encinal, Los Angeles
- Maverick – Eagle Pass, Quemado, Normandy, El Indio, Kickapoo Reservation
- Real – Leakey, Campwood
- Uvalde – Uvalde, Sabinal, Utopia, Concan, Knippa, Montell, Regan Wells
- Val Verde – Del Rio, Comstock, Loma Alta, Juno, Pandale, Langtry, Pumpville
- Zavala – Crystal City, La Pryor, Batesville
Services available through the AAA, range from nutrition services to personal care and information that is specific to the elderly. Services are targeted to persons 60 years of age or older, including individuals who are Medicare Recipients.
Our staff is trained and certified to provide information regarding many issues including Medicare/Medicaid, Nursing Home Residents Rights, and much more. Our Access & Assistance staff can assist in obtaining services that may be available through Federal, State, or local programs for either yourself, a family member or a friend.
Volunteers are an essential part of our agency’s success. We are always looking for those special persons that care enough to give a little bit of their time for others. Call us at for more information on how you can can help! Remember, You are never too old to volunteer.
Pictured Left to Right:
- Back Row:
- Erica Bustamante, Outreach Specialist(No Longer With the Agency)
- Cindy Mata, Outreach Specialist
- San Juanita Galvan, Elder Rights Specialist
- Joe Alcala, 2-1-1 Specialist (No Longer With the Agency)
- Sophia Sifuentes, I&A Program Specialist
- Cecilia Arrambula, I&A Program Specialist
- Front Row:
- Roxanne Camarillo, IR&A Program Specialist
- Gloria Perez, AAA Director
- Lydia Saenz, 2-1-1 Specialist
Call 1-800-224-4262 or 2-1-1 for more information.